How To Clean Dryer Vent Ducts
To clean your dryer ducts effectively, you’ll want to ensure that your dryer vent professional cleans your dryer vent from both ends, removing any obstructions in between. Here are the dryer vent cleaning steps Planet Duct follows at every job:
- First, starting at the exterior vent, we use a special dryer cleaning tool to snake the line outside of your house down to your dryer.
- The tool pulls all of the lint from your dryer outside of your house by suctioning it backward.
- Next, we fish the line through multiple times until it comes out completely clean.
- After cleaning your dryer from the outside of the home, we will shift focus to the back of your dryer.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Process
With one call, our trained technician will arrive at your home with an industrial vacuum and the right cleaning brushes to perform a professional dryer duct cleaning. We will move your dryer, detach the dryerhose (the flexible portion) and insert a bristle brush designed to precisely fit your dryer duct.
The industrial vacuum with HEPA filtration leaves your laundry room or kitchen cleaner than when we arrived. The brush moves through the entire duct, leaving the inside metal walls clean and dust-free. We ensure your flexible hose is not kinked, reattach your dryer and verify smooth airflow.
How Often Should Dryer Vents be Professionally Cleaned?
The whole process of professional dryer cleaning takes a fraction of your day and is needed only once a year. In return for such a simple call, you get the assurance your home’s clothes dryer will not cause a lint fire that could be a life-altering tragedy.
Importance of Dryer Vent Cleaning
MWe mentioned briefly that dryer vent cleaning can protect you from a dryer fire, but it can also save you money. Dryer vent cleaning benefits include:
- Increased dryer efficiency
- Lower electricity bills
- Decreased wear and tear on your machine
- Improved indoor air quality