Mold spores usually won’t pose any serious threat , but some safety tips for mold cleanup  can help, as  known  that mold is everywhere around us, including in our homes. Sometimes they can grow and start to take over parts of your personal space. When that happens, you’ll need to undergo cleanup and its better when you ask for professional help to cleanup .

Tips :

  • Don’t Disperse Mold Spores Into the Air

    When removing mold, you need to be careful not to disperse any spores into the air, as they can be inhaled by other occupants in the same building. Also, pay extra attention when checking behind wall coverings to avoid the release of spores. 

  • Take care not to cause mold or mold spores to be dispersed into the air where they can be inhaled by building occupants; be cautious when checking behind wallpaper and other wall coverings to avoid the potential release of spores
  • Wear Protective Equipment

    You need to wear appropriate personal protective equipment regardless of how big or small the infected area is. At a minimum, you should wear a face mask whenever you handle mold-contaminated material.  Your protective clothing requirements will depend on the size of the mold problem. For DYI cleanups of areas less than 10 square feet, work gloves, safety glasses with side shields, protective footwear, and a simple respirator are sufficient. Larger cleanup projects that still fall under 100 square feet will require more protection. For these, a half-face respirator is required, as well as protective clothing (Tyvek® 400, 500, or 600 garments are suitable options, unless the user will be handling bleach).

  • Take-Home Toxins

    Mold does not only put remediation and clean-up workers at risk; their families can also become exposed as well.

    Take-home toxins are toxins, such as mold spores, that can cling to a worker’s clothes, shoes, skin, tools, or vehicle interiors. These are then brought and spread into the worker’s home, compounding the potential harm caused by the toxins.

    There are a few methods for dealing with take-home toxins, including:

    Disposable protective clothing , Shower and washing facilities ,Donning and doffing policies

  • Avoid Using the HVAC System

    Lastly, avoid running the HVAC system if you believe that it contains mold spores. You must either clean it beforehand or contact a professional and have it checked. By activating your HVAC system without proper cleanup, you will disperse spores all across your home. 

  • Avoid Direct Contact

    Touching mold with your bare hands or skin is dangerous. Not only can you become a carrier and spread the spores to other rooms, but you might also experience allergic reactions. So do your best to avoid direct contact, even with items that are only partially infested.

    Mold Remediation | Green Home Solutions

Comments are disabled.