Why Does Your Sink Drains Get Moldy?

Mold spores are everywhere in our homes but you cannot really see them and most will never grown unless the conditions are favorable. For mold to grow, the surface has to be wet (contain moisture) especially at temperature of between 770 F and 86F.

The reason your sink drains gets moldy is because it provides favorable conditions for mold to grow. Sink drains are always wet meaning constant supply of moisture for the mold spores and hence their continued grown.

How To Get Rid Of Mold In My Sink Drain

Some Ways To Prevent Mold In Pipes And Drains

Clean The Pipes And Sink Drains

  • Boil water and pour the boiling water down the drain. Another option is to let the boiling water run for a few minutes. This boiling water down the drain will clean the sink pipes and drains well.
  • Create a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Pour a quarter cup of baking soda together with a cup of white vinegar into the drain. Wait for 10­–15 minutes, and this baking soda and white vinegar mixture should get clean.

Open Doors And Windows

A bathroom pipe and drain are common spots for mold to grow. Decrease the moisture in the air by keeping the exhaust vent on whenever you can. Additionally, you can leave the door and windows open.

Invest In Dehumidifiers

Dehumidifiers are a great way to get rid of the excess moisture in your living spaces. When you use these devices regularly, you will cut down on the risk of developing a serious mold problem. You may use them in a variety of places, including your basement, kitchen, and bathroom.

What If You Suspect An Ongoing Mold Problem?

Always seek professional help if you suspect a mold issue in your home. Consult with your doctor in case of any symptoms potentially related to mold exposure. Additionally, contact a professional mold remediation company. It is important to get rid of the mold, as it may become a significant health hazard in the long run.

Even if you or your family do not experience any symptoms, you do not want to risk inviting guests over. They might have a mold allergy, compromised immune system, or a chronic lung condition.

Comments are disabled.