black mold dangerous

Dangerous of black mold

Black mold is very dangerous it affect our health and our children’s safety. When people refer to black mold or toxic black mold, they’re generally talking about Stachybotrys chart arum — a specific variety of micro fungus. Not all black-colored mold is black mold; there are many types of nontoxic molds that are black in color. What makes black mold (or any toxic mold) dangerous is its byproducts.

Cleaning Black Mold .......Steps, Products To Use, Precautions

Black Mold Mycotoxins

Certain types of molds produce mycotoxins, secondary metabolites that can harm human and animal health. Black mold can produce two types of trichothecene mycotoxins, but only one of them is toxic. Researchers estimate that only about one-third of black mold is able to produce toxic trichothecenes. As a result, some Stachybotrys chart arum colonies are much more dangerous than others, and mold testing offers little insight as individuals can have drastically different reactions to the same strain.

Facts About Black Mold

Here are a few facts about black mold you probably didn’t know

  1. Black mold weakens the immune system when inhaled. Exposure to black mold can lead an individual to become more susceptible to other illnesses that aren’t directly mold-related.
  2. Prolonged exposure to black mold can lead to death from incapacitation of the immune system and brain damage.
  3. Black mold can cause miscarriages and congenital disabilities in pregnant women.
  4. Toxins released by black mold directly affects the brain’s neurons and thus can lead to memory damage. It can also have neurological effects such as mood swings and tremors.
  5. Black mold is easily detectable since it has a strong mildew odor.
  6. Mold spores can be found anywhere and everywhere around us.
  7. Some health conditions caused by mold can never go away even after remediation. Symptoms like a weak immune system and sensitivity will often persist for a long time after exposure.

Toxic Black Mold Expert Reveals The Danger Lurking In Your Home

Prevent Mold Growth With Routine Maintenance

To prevent mold growth, we suggest using a dehumidifier during the warm months and providing your home or business with the proper ventilation. Use exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchens. Clean surfaces with mold-killing products.

Keep your humidity levels below 50 percent. Humidity levels shift throughout the day. Inspecting your structure for mold growth is an important part of routine building maintenance.

Seek treatment from a doctor soon as you notice any eye irritation, skin irritation or other common symptoms after exposure to mold, especially when symptoms persist. It’s better to be safe than sorry.

No comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *