Cleaning your air ducts is so important when it comes to maintaining a healthy, high-functioning office environment. In fact, scheduling commercial HVAC duct cleaning on a regular basis will prevent dirt, dust, and allergen buildup in the first place.
Benefits of cleaning the air ducts at regular intervals
- Boosts employee productivityIf your employees will be healthy, their productivity will automatically enhance and they will hence, serve as better workers.
- Low housekeeping costsThe proper cleaning of HVAC vents allows clean air to be circulated in the office space and helps the system to work efficiently. This, in turn, helps curtail housekeeping costs.
- Increased airflowWith the removal of debris stuck in the air ducts, the HVAC system is able to pump more air, leading to increased airflow into the working space.
- Less consumption of energyThe cleaning of air vents prevents the HVAC system to work hard to maintain the desired temperature and thus, helps in energy saving.
Signs your Office Needs an Air Duct Cleanup
- Dusty desks and tables
If you see a lot of dust on your desks, tables and computer systems, things are likely quite bad inside the air ducts. Commercial buildings or offices may work on a vast scale and their air systems are installed in larger areas.
As a result, a large amount of air passes in and out of the air ducts and filters continuously and gradually dust starts to accumulate. As time passes, the filters trap debris preventing the air system from operating properly.
- Increased Sickness Among Employees
If your employees are taking a lot of sick leave, the reason might be the office air systems. Yes, you read it right!
When unclean, air ducts can be a hotbed of germs, dirt, dust, grime, mold, and what not! Thus, they can be a great cause of sickness among employees.
- Noises Coming out Of Your Air Ducts
This sounds like a bizarre scenario but it happens. Rodents and bugs live inside your air duct systems. These creatures usually leave their waste inside, filling the ducts with full of germs and debris. This might exit the ducts into the air, which is very harmful and unhygienic for the office environment
If your HVAC system breaks down unexpectedly or the bill suddenly becomes higher, dirty ducts may be to blame. Dust buildup can cause malfunctions within the system and make it harder for air to flow. It causes more energy consumption that spikes your bill. Dust that gets into the nooks and crannies of office appliances and electronic equipment can wreak havoc on those, as well. Malfunctions of any kind are a warning sign that there’s too much dirt and debris in the air.