What Is Duct Cleaning?
Duct cleaning is the process of removing any excess dirt, dust, debris, and pollutants from an HVAC system’s ductwork. At Dr Clean Air, we utilize the powerful Rotor brush unit. So that our clients will only receive the highest level of cleanliness and sanitation. The better the cleaning, the longer-lasting the results. Improved air quality is one major benefit. But duct cleaning can also help extend the life of your system. As well as prevent breakdowns and leaks that could put a strain on your unit, and raise your energy consumption levels.
In fact, your air ducts are not only designed to transfer filtered air throughout your home. They also catch dirt and dust that would otherwise be floating around indoors. Catching loose contaminants makes air ducts a vital part of any home’s central air conditioning system. But they are not indestructible.
When to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
You should consider having your air ducts clean if you notice any or all of the following situations in your Lawrence home:
- There is substantial mold visible on the hard surfaces of your ducts (inside and/or outside). And other HVAC system components.
- Ducts are clogged with excessive amounts of dust, debris, or particles, in the case of a remodeling job.
- Rodents and/or insects are infesting the ducts.
If you or someone living in your Kansas home suffers from allergies, asthma, or chronic illnesses, or you have pets or smokers in your home, having your ducts cleaned may help improve your home’s indoor air quality. Thereby helping anyone with these issues.
The rule of thumb from the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), the leading nonprofit association of companies engaged in the inspection, cleaning, and restoration of HVAC systems, is if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are.
Although there’s no concrete scientific data that air duct cleaning improves indoor air quality, the EPA does recommend having your ductwork cleaned. That if you fall under any of the reasons cited above. And many people who do have their ducts cleaned swear by the difference, especially those suffering from allergies.
Benefits of Having Your Air Ducts Cleaned
- Creates a Cleaner Living Environment
- Having your air ducts professionally cleaned reduces the dust that would otherwise circulate throughout your living space, landing on your furniture, your bedding, your flooring…just about everywhere. Fortunately, a thorough air duct cleaning reduces the amount of interior cleaning and dusting necessary to maintain a hygienic home.
- Reduces Allergens and Irritants
- In addition to dust, air ducts frequently contain harmful contaminants and micro-organisms. These include pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores, and similar toxins. People who suffer from allergies, asthma, and other respiratory problems are particularly sensitive to these airborne particles. A periodic air duct cleaning promotes healthier living…otherwise the dirty air in your home just keeps re-circulating over and over.
- Helps Everyone Breathe Easier
- Even if no one in your household suffers from chronic allergies or respiratory problems, cleaner air makes it easier for everyone to breathe. Even among the most healthy, dust and pollutants entering the nose and lungs can trigger sneezing and coughing, as well as sinus and bronchial congestion. Air duct cleaning creates a more comfortable environment and promotes well-being. Given the choice between clean air and dirty air, which would you rather breathe?