HVAC Service vs. HVAC Maintenance
When Do You Need HVAC Service for Your Raleigh Home?
If you are experiencing any of these issues with your heating and cooling system, call an experienced technician, such as the team at Quality Comfort Services, Inc.
- Your home is not maintaining the temperature your thermostat is set at.
- You hear strange noises when the system turns on or while it’s running.
- Utility bills that are significantly higher than what you are used to paying during similar times of year. (For example: Most Augusts, you pay $300 per month, but this August, your bill is $700).
- Air flow is poor or doesn’t blow cold.
- You notice strange smells or musty odors.
An experienced technician will get to the root of the issue, while also looking for any other possible concerns in order to get your system running as smoothly as possible.
When Should You Get HVAC Maintenance?
HVAC maintenance should be done by a professional twice per year to keep it operating effectively and efficiently. This not only helps you stay cooler and comfortable in your home, it also reduces your energy costs.
One benefit to routine maintenance that is often overlooked is that a professional technician will discover if your unit is in need of repair or is at risk of a breakdown and fix it before your HVAC unit stops working. If you’ve ever suffered through a Raleigh summer without air conditioning, you’ll know how important that is!
Routine HVAC maintenance includes:
- Thorough cleaning of coils, drains, and elements
- Inspecting connections, motor operations, and thermostat functionality
- Monitoring refrigerant pressure
- Testing safety controls
- Lubricating moving parts
These are just a handful of routine HVAC maintenance actions that will extend the life of your heating and cooling system and cut down on expensive repairs. At Quality Comfort Services, Inc, we offer a wide array of services and benefits as part of our maintenance agreement. To learn more, call us at [phone] or fill out our contact form today!